Diabetes Guidelines - PILOT ONLY
Thank you for accessing these new guidelines which we hope will help you to improve inpatient diabetes management. These include:
1. When do I stop non-insulin diabetes medications?
2. How do I manage hyperglycaemia?
3. Once daily insulin titration
4. Twice daily insulin titration
5. Variable Rate Insulin Infusion
6. What should I do if the ketones are raised?
7. What do I do if a patient with diabetes is at the end of their life?
8. What should I do if a patient is on steroids?
These are being piloted at the Western General Hospital within the general medicine department and should NOT be used outwith these areas.
Please call your senior or the on call diabetes registrar if you have any clinical concerns
We would really appreciate your feedback on these guidelines!
Please click the link below to fill out a short anonymous form or email email@example.com