EDI News and Updates
Let’s Talk About…
In early August, the Staff Networks will be starting the “Let’s Talk About” series, beginning with Let’s Talk About Race. There will be three 1-hour lunchtime panel discussions on race and racism:
- Tuesday 2 August (Teams or PGEC Craigmillar Room, RIE)
- Thursday 4 August (Teams or MEC Seminar Room 1 WGH)
- Friday 5 August (Teams).
Attendees will be able to ask questions on the day or submit them anonymously in advance here.
- Rakiya Suleiman, Equality and Diversity Adviser
- Prappy Campbell, Assistant Programme Manager - Strategic Planning & Modernisation
- Myra Ariyaratnam, CAMHS Nurse Specialist
- Dr Goran Zangana, Acute Medicine Consultant
- Dr Edwin Jesudason (TBC), Rehabilitation Medicine Consultant
Staff Network Lunch & Learn
The NHS Lothian Staff Networks are holding a series of Lunch & Learn sessions throughout the year. These events are open to all staff; you don’t have to be a network member to attend.
The Youth Network will have a speaker Friday 19 August to discuss No Wrong Path. Join us via Teams here.
- Tuesday 6 September – Screening & early detection of cancer, Eilidh McCall (Teams or WGH MEC Seminar Room 2)
- Tuesday 20 September - Bi+ Visibility, speaker TBC (Teams or WGH MEC Seminar Room 2)
- Tuesday 4 October - TBC for Black History Month (Teams, Craigmillar Room in the PGEC in RIE)
- Monday 17 October - TBC for Black History Month (Teams, MEC Seminar Room 2 in WGH, Craigmillar Room in the PGEC in RIE)
December: Thursday 1 December - World AIDS Day, speaker from Waverley Care TBC (Teams, MEC Seminar Room 3 in WGH, Craigmillar Room in the PGEC in RIE, or Deans Room in the SJH Medical Education Centre)
January: TBC for Holocaust Memorial Day (27.01.23)