The Edinburgh Breast Unit is situated at the Western General Hospital. The diagnose and treat around 840 breast cancers a year. The unit treats 20,000 women annually for benign and malignant conditions. The unit is self contained with its own ward, operating theatres and major clinic area. The unit also has its own radiography department. The unit also provides specialist services to Lothian and are linked to a satellite unit at Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline, Fife.
Educational Meetings and Courses
- Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) trainees meeting
- ABS conference
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) - some elements of conferences and courses relevant to oncoplastic breast surgery
- Specialty Skills in Breast Surgery (Level 1 and 2)
- Advanced Skills in Breast Disease Management
- Oxford Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Course (OOPS)