Resources and research on fatigue, shift work, and the importance of sleep and rest
Shifting the Balance: A guide for shift workers in NHS Lothian
Designed as a source of up-to-date information and a guide with strategies to help you manage the risks of shift working
The following resources were compiled by Dr Mike Farquhar, Consultant in Sleep Medicine at Evelina London. The original tweet with additional information can be found here.
RCoA ARIES Talk: Fatigue and the Anaesthetist by Mike Farquhar
BBC Inside Out South Report - Driving Tired
- Fifteen-minute consultation: problems in the healthy paediatrician - managing the effects of shift work on your health
- Journal of Sleep Research: The effect on sleep of being on-call: an experimental field study
- AAGBI Editorial: For nature cannot be fooled. Why we need to talk about fatigue.
- RCPCH: Sleep, breaks and wellbeing for health professionals
- Sleep in the time of Covid: advice for NHS staff