The Scotland Deanery's Quality Improvement team visit sites throughout the year
The Deanery will aim to visit every speciality within 5 years, although they may trigger an early visit if there are perceived problems. These are often triggered by results from the GMC National Training Survey.
Survey links are emailed in the weeks leading up to the visit. Provides additional data and drives discussion during the visit.
Trainee & Staff Interviews
Discussions led by the Deanery team with questions based on the GMC survey and pre-visit questionnaire. Attendance is mandatory unless you're on leave.
Led by the deanery team at the end of a visit with a report on anonymised responses from trainees and recommendations for improvements to training.
Sent to the Clinical Director and ADME with recommendations presented in feedback session.
Response from the CD to the Deanery’s recommendations, tracked by the ADME and Quality Officer to ensure recommendations are taken forward/implemented as necessary.
- SJH General Internal Medicine action plan May 2018
- Medical Microbiology and Virology action plan June 2018
- REH General Adult Psychiatry action plan Sept 2018
- RIE Trauma & Orthopaedics action plan Jan 2019
- RIE Neonatology action plan Jan 2019
- RIE General Medicine action plan April 2019
- SJH General Medicine action plan - updated April 2019
- RIE/WGH Radiology response
- Updated T&O action plan - June 2019
- RIE Cardiothoracic action plan - updated Aug 2019
- SJH ENT action plan - August 2019
- SJH Plastic Surgery action plan - Aug 2019
- RIE General Medicine updated action plan Sept 2019
- RIE Neonatology action plan - updated Oct 2019
- RIE Anaesthetics action plan - updated Dec 2019