Medicine of the Elderly/Stroke WGH
Welcome to your placement at Medicine of the Elderly and Stroke unit based at the Western General Hospital. These wards are based within the Anne Ferguson and Royal Victoria Buildings on the site.
You will be emailed ward allocations, timetables, and induction pack and map in advance of your placement.
Opportunities arising in this placement
- assess patients, integrate into our ward teams and attend ward rounds and MDT meetings
- shadow MDT members, accompany patients to investigations/procedures
- carry out practical task such as venepuncture and cannulation
- participate in out-of-hours work with our on-call team, including handover
- benefit from out extensive in-house MoE teaching programme
First Day Arrangement
On the first day, please report directly to your assigned ward at 9am, where the junior doctors will be expecting you and will orientate you to the ward
Induction on the first day is at 12.30 in the RVB Seminar Room
Your main placement contact, including absence reporting is GeriatricMed.North@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk, or telephone 0131 537 9103